- About this Policy
The DealDash website (the “Site”), the DealDash applications or software (collectively the “App”) and other mediums are used by DealDash to give you access to the ecosystem and to allow you to purchase goods and services as well as to give you a spectrum of facilities to enable commerce between you and DealDash, or its’ associates.
- Collection of information
DealDash collects information about you in 3 different ways:
Information you give us: When you fill out the registration forms on our Site or App, we will ask you to provide certain information about yourself. We also collect information when you:
- report any problem to us;
- use certain features on our App and/or Site;
- request any support from us;
- complete any survey or questionnaire we send to you. This information may include your name, mailing address, e-mail address, or phone number.
Information we collect about you or you provide to us: This includes information automatically collected when you visit or access the Site or our App. For example:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and your log-in information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information which include scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs, methods used to browse away from the page any phone number used to call us;
- personal identification information such as full name, date of birth, nationality, gender, signature, utility bills, photographs, phone number, home address, and/or email.
We will not collect any sensitive information about you which is not reasonably necessary for us to carry out our functions or activities for example, information that may reveal your race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships or details of health or disability. Exceptions to this include:
- where you have given express consent to us to do so and the personal information is reasonably necessary for us to carry out our functions or activities;
- the use of the information is required by law or legal process.
- the information is inadvertently passed on to us from another source.
Please note if we are unable to collect personal information we reasonably require, we may not be able to provide our functions or activities to you or the organisation with which you are connected.
Information we receive from third parties: We work with third parties and we may receive information about you from them, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, or credit reference agencies.
Our Site, our App or our communication from time to time contain links to third party websites over which we have no control. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own practices and policies. We encourage you to read these privacy policies or statements of these websites and understand your rights. We accept no responsibility or liability for any practices of third-party websites.
We only retain personal data for so long as is necessary for our services or for as long as is required by law.
- Use of information by DealDash
We use this information:
- To improve our marketing efforts, by analysing Site and App usage and customise our Site and App’s content and layout.
- Deliver, improve and develop our technology.
- To research, design and launch new features or products.
- To present content and information in our Site and on our App in the most effective manner for you and for the device you use.
- To provide you with alerts, updates, materials or information about our products and services or other types of information you either requested or signed up to.
- To communicate with you and respond to your questions and requests.
- We may also use this information to directly market new products and services (via e-mail and other on and off-line communications) to you. This involves sending you information about products and services by post, telephone or any form of electronic communication.
If you do not wish to receive these communications from us, please notify us by e-mail at email@example.com to opt out.
- Who will see or have access to your information.
For the purposes of providing you with access to our Site and App and in order to deliver the services that we provide to you, we may share your personal information with third parties such as, any of our subsidiaries or related body corporates, contractors, auditors, advisers, agents, financial institutions, service providers, associates and suppliers.
In the event of a security incident involving unauthorised access, use or disclosure of personal information where a third party with whom we share personal information is involved, we will seek to work cooperatively with them to protect the personal information we have shared with them.
We may disclose to third parties’ aggregate anonymous statistics regarding our users, traffic analyses and other information regarding or collected through our App and Site. We may also collect and store personal information in the following circumstances:
- a) Security
We collect and store personally identifiable information using encryption technology that encrypts the information you input before it is sent to us via the Internet. In addition, all the information we collect on the App and Site is stored on our secure servers which are in a restricted access area and is password protected.
We store all other material that contains personally identifiable information on our dedicated cloud servers. These premises are kept secure at all times.
We restrict access to personal information to our employees, service providers and contractors on a strictly need to know basis and to ensure that those persons are subject to contractual confidentiality obligations.
Please note, however, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the App and Site. Any transmission is at your own risk.
- b) Keeping your personal information secure
DealDash’s security measures are designed to assist in ensuring that your personal information is not accessed by unauthorised personnel, lost or misused. If you reasonably believe that there has been an unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, please let us know by contacting our Privacy and Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Correcting, changing and updating your information
You may gain access to personal information that DealDash has collected about you and you may request to have any of your personal information corrected or updated by contacting the Privacy Officer at the details below.
- Keeping your personal information accurate
The personal information we hold about you (such as name and email address) is kept so that we may correctly identify you and provide services to you. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information held by us is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that any of your personal information is not accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant or is misleading, please contact us at email@example.com and we will take all reasonable steps to correct it within a reasonable time.
- How long we hold your personal information
We will retain your information for as long as your App is active and for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve issues, address queries and enforce our agreements. If you no longer wish to use our Site or App, you may request that your App be deactivated by contacting the Privacy Officer using the contact details provided above.However, we may still retain your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve issues, address queries and enforce our agreements.
- Breaches of security
Notwithstanding the reasonable steps taken to keep information secure, breaches may occur. In the event of a security incident, we have in place procedures to promptly investigate the incident and determine if there has been a data breach involving personal information, and if so, to assess if it is a breach that would require notification. If it is, we will notify affected parties in accordance with the Privacy Act requirements.
- How you can access, change or delete personally identifiable information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, except where the law allows us to refuse your request. If you wish to receive a copy of this information, please address your request to the Privacy Officer. We will deal with your request promptly and in any case at least within 30 days of the date of receiving it. We will give access to the information in the manner you request, where reasonable and practicable. This will be subject to any exemptions allowed under the Privacy Act. We will correct or delete inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold about you at your request, except where the law allows us to refuse your request
- Contacting DealDash about Privacy matters
When contacting us you have the option to either not identify yourself or to use a pseudonym, unless it is impracticable for us to communicate with you that way or we are required or authorised under Australian law to only deal with individuals who have identified themselves.
- Privacy Officer Details and Feedback
- Privacy Commissioner
If you require more information about privacy laws generally, please contact:
The Privacy Commissioner:
Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Phone 1300 363 992
We have an internal dispute resolution procedure which is designed to resolve any issues raised by you. If you have a complaint, you should contact us on:
We aim to acknowledge receipt of all complaints within 5 business days; and resolve all complaints within 45 days. This may not be possible in all circumstances.
Where we cannot resolve a complaint within 45 days, we will notify you of the reason for the delay as well as an indication of when we expect to resolve the complaint.
Date: November 2023